Vicilook helps you connect locally and socially with important things in your present vicinity or locality.
Vicilook is the first Social Networking Directory Company in the world, founded by Dickson Cliff Okechukwu. It helps you explore, connect and share important activities, info and things in your vicinity or any other, it helps you discover and connect with things in your present vicinity and things that you are generally interested in, by also enabling buy or sell anything securely.
In a world today, where setting up a website for your business, organization, event or for your personal self is very inefficient and expensive, to build, manage, control and maintain, while social networks do little or nothing in giving your business the right tools to run it efficiently online, Vicilook proffers an innovative alternative solution.
Vicilook enables you to quickly setup an online presence for anything and also provides you with all the simple and innovative tools you need to run it, with ease, efficiency and profitability.
You can track the progress of your biz, organization, product, event and your social activities in real-time, connect socially and intuitively with your customers, clients, friends, and anyone who is interested in what you do or have.
Get found easily via popular Search Engines such as ‘Google’ and ‘Bing’, based on keywords and criteria relating to what you do, via Vicilook’s ‘Viciwords’
Provide the world and yourself with available and accessible data of what you and others do publicly, to enable everyone make better choices and totally aid local societies and the world at large in being a better and more efficient place.
- We are making local communities smarter and self sustainable by helping the inhabitants share local information that will help them make better decisions.
- We are helping government of communities both Local and State level make better policies via data generated from those communities based on the online activities of the people.
- Improving the economic status of communities by helping them discover and receive detailed info on opportunities that fits their trade and profession via data derived from trade activities on Vicilook.
- Improving the academic and research based institutions in those localities by providing them with data and info insights based on works which transcends to facts that would be used for research citing.
- Improving transparency and bridging equality in community based on providing anyone with info needed to carry out proper and smart actions and moves.
- Fostering sharing and easy communication among people and in any community.
- Helping anyone discover ‘Who’ and ‘What’ is within their reach and how to access it with ease and convenience before thinking of extending farther beyond their current locality.
- Using smart algorithms and AI to help people in a locality manage basic resources, based on ease of accessing these resources, the efficiency and convenience of ‘When’ and ‘How’.
- Improving security of communities by helping them analyze the safety of various areas of a community, based on facts and news derived from various areas and how the security agency has tackled or resolved that situation. This would also help security agencies (formal and informal) get tips from both anonymous and identified persons in that community.
- Innovate and digitize the activities of communities and improving on every aspect possible of that community using various forms of ‘Hard’ and ‘Soft’ technologies tailor-made for the present and future of that community, thereby having the capacity to predict the future of that community.
Vicilook’s singular Goal is to integrate people seamlessly with any vicinity they find themselves in or are interested in, by helping them obtain any info or data that society can offer, locally, freely and transparently.
It is the first ‘Socio-Geo-Directory’ platform in the world that helps people search, find and connect with various important within a given vicinity, locally or globally.
It is like a directory of important and interesting things in a given geographical location, which you can connect socially with and as well as get updates from.
The vision all started with our Founder and CEO, Dickson Cliff Okechukwu, whom during his University days at the University Of Nigeria, Nsukka, Enugu state, during his 200 level at 2009, when he got fed up with the inability to be able to easily find some basic products or items for my survival at the new environ, He would have to ask over a 100 people on where to get what and how, even the market square was not properly organized in forms that will make your shopping experience easy and convenient, so He told myself that He needed to find a way to solve this problem by finding a way in creating a directory of every business around the University and place it online.
He then created ‘naijacampustrades.com’, a static website, which interested almost all the business people around the campus and they agreed to even pay about 600 Naira per month. After a while, He decided to, not just to make it something for the UNN campus areas alone, so He decided to build something that will be for all campuses in Nigeria, if not the world, which was called ‘taswac.com’ a year later, this enabled many other Universities, but just in Nigeria, to join, but as time furthered, He saw a greater need to take the vision outside the campus.
A year later, He decided to create ‘Wiidin.com’ which He coined from the word ‘Within’, which helped people find just businesses and places within their present geo-location. Wiidin did very well and was profiled by Crunchbase USA.
2 years later, He saw the need to include functions beyond just finding businesses and places alone, because He wanted it to be something that will connect a person to every vital and interesting thing around him in a given geo-location, which could be a Town, a State or a Country, so He therefore coined a new name for it, which I called ‘Vicilook’, which was coined from ‘Look Within Your Vicinity’.
Vicilook was founded on the passion for the need to empower the physical communities and the people in it, from their grassroot levels to a global reach via socio-economic integration of the community and the people in it. It helps You ‘PutUp’, ‘LookOut’, Connect, Socialize & get updates on important & interesting things in your vicinity & beyond.
— Original Story by Dickson Cliff Okechukwu
( Founder / CEO )
External Links & Publications: