[responsivevoice_button voice=”UK English Male” buttontext=”Listen”]
“ I am conscious of the humanitarian spirit which runs in my veins to seek others’ welfare. This is the tie that connects me with every member of the Nigerian bar and propels me to seek their maximum welfare.” Maximus Ugwuoke.
UGWUOKE IS HOME BRED
*He was born on 4th February 1981. He hails from Umabor Ehalumona in Nsukka L.G.A. Enugu State of Nigeria. He is happily married with children.
*He commenced his formal Education at Owerre Umabor Primary School Ehalumona, Nsukka where he obtained his First School Living Certificate in 1993.
*He proceeded to St Teresa’s College Nsukka, where he obtained West African Senior School Certificate in 1999.
*In the year 2000, he gained admission to study Law at University of Nigeria Nsukka (Enugu Campus) where he obtained his Law degree (LLB) in 2006.
*After his graduation, he proceeded to Nigerian Law School Abuja where he obtained Bachelor of Laws (BL) degree in 2008 and was called to the Nigeria Bar in May 2008.
*In the same 2008 he proceeded to Nasarawa State, where he did his youth service and obtained my Youth Service certificate.
* He has a Certificate of Proficiency in Management from Nigerian Institute of Management.
*He has a Certificate of Proficiency in Universal Mandatory IT Training (UMITT).
GROWING WITH PASSION WITH SELFLESS SERVICE
*Ugwuoke’s passion for service to others started early while he was in the University.
*He was the Lord Chancellor Most Ancient Romanic Order of Magna Juris, & Head of Gret Chambers University of Nigeria Students Bar Association (UNSBA).
*He was the Founding Editor in Chief of The Legalogue (University Of Nigeria Students Bar Association Journal).
*At that time he also played active role as the Clerk of the House of Reps, University of Nigeria Students Union Government.
* Upon his call to the Nigerian Bar in 2008, he commenced legal pupilage at Keffi, Nasarawa State in the chambers of Ogwuche & Co. That was during the period of his NYSC.
*During his pupilage he undertook some cases of indigent prisoners in Nassarawa State on probono as his Community Development Project and was able to secure the release of about 10 of the inmates before the end of his service year; the project earned him Nasarawa State NYSC Commendation Award.
*He promoted an NGO, Initiative for Human and societal Development in Africa
UGWOKE LEARNT FROM THE VERY BEST AND NOW DOING HIS BEST
*He joined the Law firm Ikeazor Akaraiwe SAN (Akaraiwe & Associate, Lex Rehoboth partners in 2009.
* He headed the Human Rights and Probono Department of the chambers and also doubled as the My Posts Assistant to his Principal, Akaraiwe who was serving his tenure as the National 1st Vice President of the Nigerian Bar Association and the pioneer chairman of Nigeria Bar Association Human Rights Institute at that period.
* He traversed the length and breadth of the country handling human right cases involving lawyers and non lawyers too numerous to mention some which were referred to the NBA Human Rights Institute by the then leadership of NBA led by Rotimi Akeredolu SAN.
*In 2012, he founded El- Maximus Ugwuoke & Co, Hakuna Matata Chambers in Enugu where he has remained the principal partner with about 8 associate counsel as at date.
*Currently he is the Enugu State Support Lawyer for Avocats Sans Frontieres (ASF) France, (a.k.a Lawyers without Borders) an International Human Rights Organization implementing a project tagged SAFE – Strengthening the national Actor’s Capacities and Advocating for Ending Serious Human Rights Violations in Nigeria. The project which is co-funded by the European Union and Agence Francaise De Developpment (AFD) has the Carmelites Prisoners Interest Organization (CAPIO) and Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) as partners.
* Under this position he has offered probono services to not less than 40 persons and still counting across the country.
*UGWUOKE IS A BAR MAN…*
*Between the years 2012 to 2014, he served the Nigerian Bar Association, Enugu Branch as Social Secretary of the branch.
*He also served as the Secretary to the Bar Dinner Committee and has been a member different committees of the bar.
* Currentmy he is the Alternate Chairman of Human Rights Committee of the Nigerian Barr Association Enugu Branch
* He attended and obtained Certificate of Participation in Nigerian Bar Association Institute of Continued Legal Education, 53rd Annual General Conference, with the theme “Law, Leadership and Challenge of Nationhood in the 21st Century Nigeria”
* He attended and obtained Certificate of Participation in Nigerian Bar Association Institute of Continued Legal Education with the Support Mac Arthur Foundation; Training on the New Fundamental Rights Enforcement Procedure Rules (2009) and African Regional Mechanism for the promotion of Human Rights.
*He has also attended and participated in many annual conferences of the Nigerian Bar Association .
*BEYOND THE BAR…*
Ugwuoke is the Editor-in- Chief of AMEN Super Newspaper as well as Legal and Media Assistant to Adoration Ministry, Enugu Nigeria AMEN.
* He is Currently a member of the National Executives of Nigeria Football Supporters Club where he holds office as National Ex Officio.
* He is also the Founding Editor in Chief of Public Justice Monitor.
*He is an Author and publisher of many books that have impacted so much on the youths and the society. Notable among my published works are:
_“Citadel of Doom”_ This youth-moral targeted novel which he authored and published in 2004 has contributed immensely in touching and molding the character of as many uncountable youths as have read the book in many tertiary institutions in Nigeria where it has been recommended and used in General Studies Curriculum, namely , University of Nigeria Nsukka, Federal College of Education Ehamufu, Enugu State College of Education Technical and other Higher Institutions across the nation.
_“Great Heights within_ your Might” he authored this un-put-down-able cornucopia. A Motivational Book published in 2008, which has also been recommended and used in Post Primary School Education Curriculum for many years.
“ _Black Fruit of the Orchard”_ A Novel Published in 2008 recommended and used in General Studies Curriculum some institutions of Higher Learning.
_“My Wife and I”_ An Inspirational Book on marriage and relationship, Published in 2013
*He has been a Key Note Speaker in some seminars and Workshops. In 2015 he was a Key note speaker on “Medical Tourism “at OGM of National Association of Resident Doctors in Nigeria, held on 28th May 2015. He has also been a Speaker at various youths and students programmes such as University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital Nursing week, Young Catholic Students of Nigeria week programme, Catholic Youth Organization of Nigeria, Nsukka Diocese, etc.
*He has also held several talk shows on radio, television and other media on issues of human Rights and has been a guest speaker or resource person on invitation of many reputable organizations.
THE WELFARE OF OTHERS GIVES UGWUOKE SATISFACTION
He has devoted his private and professional life to serve humanity.
*He is passionate about others welfare and do not turn away his eyes from the needy. He has zero tolerance for injustice * He is actively involvement in activities of Multi-Life Savers For the Less Privileged People, the official NGO of Adoration Ministry Enugu, founded by Rev Fr Ejike Mbaka which has assisted thousands of people across the nation irrespective of their origin in many areas of human needs such as housing/shelter, payment of Hospital / medical Bills, Tuition Fees, award of scholarships, free legal services, skill acquisition, employment, economic empowerment etc.
*He has touched the lives of uncountable people in his legal carrier through probono services, human rights and public interest litigations which he has handled and is stl handling which are too numerous to mention.
*Through his Hakuna Matata Outreach he has personally touched lives of many people in need.
*In reflection of his humanitarian works and service to the society he has received several Merit Awards from many organization like Initiative for Human and Societal Development in Africa, University of Nigeria Students Union Government, National Youth Service Corps, Nasarawa State ,Young Catholic Students of Nigeria, YCS, to mention but a few.
* In fact it was his penchant for adding smiles on the faces of people around him that earned him the alias “HAKUNA MATATA”
That is the man Ikechukwu Maximus Ugwuoke, aka Hakuna Matata now trending as *MAXIMUS FOR MAXIMUM WELFARE* .
Widget not in any sidebars
El-Maximus Ugwuoke & Co, Hakuna Matata Chambers is one of the leading full-service law firm in Nigeria, with its principal officer as Maximus Ugwuoke, it provides top-notch legal services to both local and international clients. We hold our clients in high esteem, providing them with sound legal …
This is an innovative company founded and managed by Barr Maximus Ugwuoke, which helps you reduce the burden of paying your rent if you are a tenant and if you are a landlord, we help you eliminate the stress of collecting your rent by paying you your rent from our own pocket and then, we collect…
To get live Notifications of the Updates I post below, go to the top of this page and click on the Black ‘Follow’ Button. Thanks.